Riding around London town


Right now I have a bit of spare time as I'm still looking for work.  So I have been spending a fair bit of time riding around exploring.  Generally I've found it a lot easier than riding in Sydney as there are a lot more backstreets and a lot less on-street parking.  It's generally more direct to ride on the main streets, there are some sub-standard bike lanes and some hairy roundabouts but generally it's easier.


 There are well signed bike routes around London which are usually a combination of on-road backstreets, main streets and some shared paths.  The pic above shows a railway crossing with a C-channel for wheeling your bike up. A touch slippery on the way down though when wet.
Housing estates marked for redevelopment in Elephant and Castle

Crystal Palace gardens

Dinosaurs are back!


I took the Raleigh Superbe out to Greenwich yesterday, lots of slightly off-road leaf strewn paths which it handled well.  The tread pattern on the Schwalbe Delta cruiser tyres lends it some traction on loose surfaces, they also are quite cushy combined with the sprung saddle.




It's still not too cold, around 10ºC or so during the day, there'll probably be snow in a few months time so I should get in as much riding as possible.  I'll probably take a ride down to Brighton sometime soon.  Anyway thanks for reading and happy riding.

0 comments:

Post a Comment