Le Tour: Part 1 Getting packed


It's Tour de France time, and this year I decided to go watch at Alpe d'Huez and bring Mr Ramen along this time.  It surely was a lot cheaper and more convenient than hiring.  To this end I had to buy a bike bag which I managed to find the week before on eBay.

All packed and ready to go, tyres deflated and wheels & mudguards off.  I was a little worried about it getting damaged in transit, as the bag was only padded with a stiff plastic base.  I was lucky enough to sit right next to the loading bay so I actually saw it get put on the plane, a good start.



Luckily it all arrived in one piece, no damage that I could ascertain.  I wasn't as nervous as last time I took a bike on a plane which was when I moved to London as this was only a 1 1/2 hour flight.  The Alpe d'Huez stage is on in a few days so it'll allow me some time to climb it and do some other riding.  Stay tuned!



0 comments:

Post a Comment