The Road to Brighton


Last weekend I decided to take the road down to Brighton, partly to test out my new camera.  I've switched from a DSLR setup to a mirrorless Fuji setup.  Here's some pictures...




There are many different ways to get to Brighton, usually I'll get a train out to Caterham which is on the outskirts of London and ride from there, mostly because I dislike riding in the city due to the traffic.



The roads aren't all that interesting until you get to around Balcombe which is about halfway to Brighton, there are lots of lush open green fields and trees.















There's a few nice little towns on the way, with even more lush greenery.






Eventually though, there is the South Downs before you hit Brighton.  I went up the Devil's Dyke route which is a short, sharp hill which gives you a great view over Brighton and towards the ocean.


The last bit of the ride is a gradual descent into Brighton itself, from which I caught a train back to London.  Thanks for reading.

5 comments:

  1. I like the great photos taken with your new camera. What a lovely area for bike ride. I'm glad to see some sunshine for a change. According to some other bike blogs, it's been a very wet winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos, makes me want to jump on my bike and take photos. One question,what bag do you use to transport camera gear when you're out cycling. I'm not fond of using panniers to transport my camera stuff but find my camera bag too heavy. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually swapped from a DSLR setup to a mirrorless Fuji X-Pro setup which I just have over my shoulder with a camera strap. That's it, no bags. The thing is so light and compact it's not uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you carry the camera while cycling? I usually take a Fuji X100 with me, but since I keep it in a (fairly big) saddle bag, I find that the whole act of stopping, dismounting, opening the bag, getting the camera, shooting, putting it back, closing the back, remounting kind of discourages me from taking more pictures.

    Since your saddle bag looks too small for a camera - how do you carry it around?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, the whole ride I had it slung around my back. Not the best idea as it tends to fog up the screen and the viewfinder. This would have been impossible with my old camera, as the combined weight of the body and lens (Nikon D80) would have been way too uncomfortable and bulky. The thing I love most about the X series cameras is how small, light and compact they are.

    I've now got a handlebar bag which I put my camera in, I still have to go through the same process with of stopping, unpacking etc, however it is a lot easier with the bag in front of me.

    ReplyDelete