Continuing on from the Peugeot time machine, it was beginning to have a problem with the good ol' sidewall dynamo. It appeared to be the original one, however it was starting to seize up when engaged against the tyre sidewall. Trying to turn it by hand was difficult and it was very stiff feeling, I suspected maybe that the grease inside had dried up or something like that. With not too much to lose I decided to disassemble it to see what the problem was.
From this the roller itself is threaded onto the shaft. I was able to remove the roller from the shaft at this stage, however you may need to go to remove the bottom cover piece first...
Which unthreads from the body.
The insides are as simple as this, I was surprised by how clean it was inside for something nearly 40 years old. I figured out that the difficult I had turning the dynamo was actually due to the roller binding on the neck of the body.
Back on with the roller. This time I moved it further up the shaft to prevent binding and gave it some loctite as well as a tightening with the locknut. Soon after I gave it a test and it worked like a charm, purring along nicely with the flicker of the old Soubitez lights.